Yesterday when I was about to check my mails, I was surprised to see this great announcement on Gmail homepage. They have launched this new service to send the selected e-mails to your physical address through snail mail. The best part of is, like most of its services, it comes for free. You can order any number of mails and they would come straight to your doorstep.Aren't you excited? I was also excited, but when I remembered that it is April 1st that day, I realized that I just joined the long list of fools. Interestingly, Google did this in the past and it has some impressive history too. When I was researching more about it and came to a conclusion to post a topic about this.
I would list some April Fool jokes by Google here:
2007 - Gmail Paper:
2005 - Google Gulp:
According to Google, this beverage would optimize one's use of the Google search engine by increasing the drinker's intelligence! Wow!Although Google Gulps is free, Google claimed the beverage could only be obtained by returning the cap of a Google Gulp bottle to a local grocery store!
Google Gulp was said to occasionally send data about one's use of the product via a wireless transmitter in the base of the Google Gulp bottle. It would be received at the GulpPlex!
GulpPlex is a heavily guarded, massively parallel server farm whose location is known only to Eric Schmidt, who carries its GPS coordinates on a 64-bit-encrypted smart card locked in a stainless-steel briefcase handcuffed to his right wrist.
2004 - Google Copernicus Center:
Want to work for google on moon? Google Copernicus Hosting Environment and Experiment in Search Engineering (G.C.H.E.E.S.E.) is hiring for engineering positions, opening late in the spring of 2007. Its Google's lunar hosting and research center. Read about GCHEESE and Lunar Job Opportunities!
2002 - Google's PigeonRank Technology:
Have you ever wondered how exactly Google manage to find the right results for every query as quickly as it does? The key is PigeonRank, developed by Google founders Larry Page and Sergey Brin. PigeonRank's success relies primarily on the superior trainability of the domestic pigeon (Columba livia) and its unique capacity to recognize objects regardless of spatial orientation. Interesting, huh? Read more about how pigeons help keep Google #1 Search Engine.It is important that you read till the end of the page!
2000 - Google MentalPlex:
Google announced MentalPlex search technology that read user's mind to determine what the user wanted to search for. No need to actually type in the search query. What a wonderful tool, right?Try Google MentalPlex Search. Read the instructions fully. Do not forget to read the MentalPlex FAQ and Google MentalPlex Illustrations.
BTW, GMail was annouced on April 1, 2004 and people thought it is another hoax! So friends, watch out, you never know when it is a real hoax and when it is a hoax hoax.

2 comments:
They also did another one this year: Google TiSP free wireless broadband using a cable down your toilet! Cool blog.
Cha... nee blog gurinchi naku cheppane ledu... nuvvu oka annayyavenaa raaa??????????
Post a Comment